Nội dung trích xuất từ tài liệu
Unit 9 A first aids course
Lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
read for the instructions about some more situations requiring first â aid
B / Teaching aids : Textbook , chart , picture / drawing , mimes , 4
C / Procedure
I / Warm up : Bingo
- Ask Ss to give nouns for emergencies which
require first â aid and write them on the board
( burn , cut , bee sting , snake bite , fainting ,
shock , nose bleed )
- Have Ss choose 4 any 4 words on the board
and write them down on a piece of paper .
- call out the words until someone has ticked
all the four words and shouts â Bingo â
II / Pre â reading : Introduce the topic of
reading passage and some new words to Ss .
1. Pre â teach vocabulary :
- to lie flat ( mime / drawing )
- to elevate >< to lower
- a victim : a person who needs first aid
- to overheat : make something too hot
- tissue damage = ton hai mo
- to ease = to stop
- Have Ss copy .
* Checking technique : Rub out and
- Draw the network with some examples on
- Ask Ss to think of what to do in these
emergency cases .
- Collect and write the students, ideas on the
T â Ss
III / While â reading :
- Have Ss open their books and read the
instructions page 83
- Ask Ss to go to the board and add the
missing information .
1. Matching :
- Ask Ss to read the statements / page 84 and
match tree Leadings A , B , C to them .
Give feedback A -> a , c , e B -> b C ->
- Draw the grid on the board .
- Ask Ss to read the instructions again and fill
the information .
- Call on some Ss to the board to write their
- Give feedback
Cases Do Don,t
- Leave the
patient lying flat .
- Elevate the
patients, feet or
lower his / her
- Do not force
him / her to
sit or stand .
- Give him / her a
cup of tea when
he / she revives .
- Do not
- Do not give
the victim any
food or drink
or drug .
- Cool the burn
tissue damage .
- Put the affected
part under a
running cold tap .
- Ease the pain
with ice or cold
water packs .
- Cover the
burned area with
a thick sterile
- Have Ss copy the grid in their notebooks .
IV / Post â reading :
- Ask Ss to work in groups to continue
discussing how to give first aid .
- Call on some volunteers from each group to
demonstrate in front of class .
V / Homework :
1. Let Ss do the exercises 6,7 in the
2. Prepare the next lesson .