Unit 9 A first aids course
Lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
read for the instructions about some more situations requiring first – aid
B / Teaching aids : Textbook , chart , picture / drawing , mimes , 4
C / Procedure
I / Warm up : Bingo
- Ask Ss to give nouns for emergencies which
require first – aid and write them on the board
( burn , cut , bee sting , snake bite , fainting ,
shock , nose bleed )
- Have Ss choose 4 any 4 words on the board
and write them down on a piece of paper .
- call out the words until someone has ticked
all the four words and shouts “ Bingo “
II / Pre – reading : Introduce the topic of
reading passage and some new words to Ss .
1. Pre – teach vocabulary :
- to lie flat ( mime / drawing )
- to elevate >< to lower
- a victim : a person who needs first aid
- to overheat : make something too hot
- tissue damage = ton hai mo
- to ease = to stop
- Have Ss copy .
* Checking technique : Rub out and
- Draw the network with some examples on
- Ask Ss to think of what to do in these
emergency cases .
- Collect and write the students
, ideas on the
T – Ss
III / While – reading :
- Have Ss open their books and read the
instructions page 83
- Ask Ss to go to the board and add the
missing information .
1. Matching :
- Ask Ss to read the statements / page 84 and
match tree Leadings A , B , C to them .
Give feedback A -> a , c , e B -> b C ->
- Draw the grid on the board .
- Ask Ss to read the instructions again and fill