Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 chuẩn rất có ích cho các bậc phụ huynh, giáo viên và các em học sinh tham khảo
Unit 10 Recycling
Lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
form the passive in the Present Simple
B / Teaching aids : word square chart . pictures , drawing ..
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Word square
E N V I R O N M E N T
N B C G A R B A G E R
V E D R D O P P U R E
E J U E Y I L A R S C
L U S E D P A P E R Y
O S T N O T S E D E C
P R O T E C T R U U L
E A B R C A I B C S E
R E C E E N C A E E K
D E E E F G H G I J L
Group work of 4
- Tell Ss the topic about the environment and
there are 12 hidden words .
- Divide the class into 4 groups .
- Ask Ss to write their answers on a piece of
paper and hand in when they finish
- Tell Ss the group with the most right words
is the winner .
Answer key :
environment , garbage ,
pure , used paper , protect .
envelope , dust , green tree ,
can , plastic , paper bag ,
reduce , reuse , recycle
II / Pre – reading :Introduce the topic of the
passage reading and some new words to
1. Pre- teach vocabulary :
- tire (n) : using picture
T – Ss
- pipe (n) : using drawing
- deposit (n) : khoan tien gui vao mot tai
- to refill = to fill something empty again
- to melt >< to freeze
- Get Ss to copy in their notebooks .
* Checking vocabulary : Rub out and
2. Open prediction
- Tell Ss they are going to read a page in a
newspaper giving some recycling facts to
protect the environment .
- Ask them to look at the board and guess
what they are going to read .
+ What do people do with used things ?
+ What can they make from them ?
- Call on some Ss to read their guesses on the
Car ties -> …………..
Milk bottles ->……………
Glass -> …………..
Drink cans -> …………..
Household and garden waste -> ……… ….
III / While – reading :
- Draw the grid on the board and have Ss
- Ask Ss to open their books and read the text
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to make a list of
recycling facts mentioned in the text .
- Call on some Ss to write the information in
the grid on the board .
Answer Key :
Used things Recycling Facts
are recycled to make pipes
and floor recoverings
are cleaned and refilled
(with milk )
is broken up , melted and
made into new glassware
are brought back for
is made into compost .
2. Comprehension questions
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to answer the
- Get them to compare their answers with
their friends .
- Call on some pairs to practice asking and
answering the questions .
- Give feedback
a. People cleaned and refilled empty milk
b. The glass is broken up , melted and made
into new glassware .
c. The Oregon government made a new law
that there must be a deposit on all drink cans
. The deposit is returned when people bring
the cans back for recycling .
d. Compost is made from household and
garden waste .
e. If we have a recycling story to share , we
can call or fax the magazine at 5 265 456.
IV / Post – reading :
- Ask Ss to look at their books and complete
the sentences to make a list of recycled
- Call on some Ss to read their answers aloud
=> The sentences they have read are the
Passive Form in the present Simple
S + am/ is / are + Past participle
- It is used when the subject is affected by the
action of the verb .
- How to change an active sentence to a
passive voice :
Active S V O
Passive S + be + PII by O
eg : I love you
You are loved by me
Have Ss copy
Change these sentences into the passive
1. Lan like pop music .
2. They play table tennis every day
3. We do these exercises in the notebooks .
Listen and copy .
4. He feeds 5 chickens .
5. She buy a lot of food .
- Call on some Ss to read their completed
sentences in front of class .
- Give feedback
1. Pop music is liked by Lan .
2. Table tennis is played every day
3. These exercises are done in the notebooks
by us .
4. Five chickens are fed by him
5. A lot of food is bought by her .
V / Homework :
1. Copy down all the passive sentences in
their note books .
2. Do the exercises in the workbook .
3. Prepare the next lesson .
* Feedback :