Unit 10 Recycling
Lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
form the passive in the Present Simple
B / Teaching aids : word square chart . pictures , drawing ..
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Word square
E N V I
R O N M E N T
N B C G A R B A G E R
V E D R D O P P U R E
E J U E Y I
L A R S C
L U S E D P A P E R Y
O S T N O T S E D E C
P R O T E C T R U U L
E A B R C A I
B C S E
R E C E E N C A E E K
D E E E F G H G I
Group work of 4
- Tell Ss the topic about the environment and
there are 12 hidden words .
- Divide the class into 4 groups .
- Ask Ss to write their answers on a piece of
paper and hand in when they finish
- Tell Ss the group with the most right words
is the winner .
Answer key :
environment , garbage ,
pure , used paper , protect .
envelope , dust , green tree ,
can , plastic , paper bag ,
reduce , reuse , recycle
II / Pre – reading :Introduce the topic of the
passage reading and some new words to
1. Pre- teach vocabulary :
- tire (n) : using picture
T – Ss
- pipe (n) : using drawing
- deposit (n) : khoan tien gui vao mot tai
- to refill = to fill something empty again
- to melt >< to freeze
- Get Ss to copy in their notebooks .
* Checking vocabulary : Rub out and
2. Open prediction
- Tell Ss they are going to read a page in a
newspaper giving some recycling facts to
protect the environment .
- Ask them to look at the board and guess
what they are going to read .
+ What do people do with used things ?
+ What can they make from them ?
- Call on some Ss to read their guesses on the