A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson Lead in the new lesson . II / Pre reading : Introduce the topic of the
Period 53 lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson < Ss will be able to get to
know about more one of the important celebrations in Australia and the USA :
Father,s Day through the readings about opinions , feelings and memories of
children about their fathers .
B / Teaching aids : Textbook , boards , handouts with further information about
Father,s Day .
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Matching
- Ask Ss to work in groups to match
1.Lunar New Year
2. Valentine,s Day
Work in group
3. International Women,s Day
4. April Fool,s Day
6. May Day
7. Mid Fall Festival
8. Teacher's Day
9 . People,s Army founding anniversary
Listen and copy
Listen and repeat
chorally , individually
Guess its meanings
and copy down .
Work in groups to
- Give feedback
=> Lead in the new lesson .
II / Pre reading : Introduce the topic of the passage
reading and some new words to students .
1. Vocabulary pre â teach :
- Lose heart (v) : feel discouraged
- Groom (n) : the man on his wedding day
- Hug (v) : embrace
- Considerate (a) : thoughtful for other,s feelings and
- Generous (a) : open handed , free to give
- Priority (n) : an interest should be given more attention .
- Sense of humor (n) : quality of being amusing
- Distinguish from ( identify )
- Terrific (a) : horrible , terrible
* Checking technique : What and where
2. True / False statements predictions :
a. Rita,s father teaches him how to love , cry and laugh
Listen and look at their
books to check their
Work in pairs to
practice asking and
b. Rita,s father loves him so much that no words can
c. Jane, s father cried on her wedding day
d. Bob,s father is very mean
- Ask Ss to work in group to guess and report .
III / While â reading :
1. Prediction check :
- Turn on the tape and ask Ss to look at the their books
to check their predictions , then compare with a friend
- Call on some Ss to read their results
- Give feedback 1.T 2.T 3.T 4.F ( considerate and
2. Comprehensions questions :
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to practice asking and answering
the questions .
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of class .
- Give feedback :
a) to her dad
b) He is possibly dead . These ideas may tell you that .
how much you are missed Now I have children , dad
c) His sense of humor
Copy down .
Work in groups
Demonstrate in front
of class .
Listen and copy .
d) a father as a teacher , a care taker , a friend , a mother .
- Have Ss copy in their notebooks .
IV / Post reading :
- Tell Ss to work in small groups of 3 to 4 and discuss
Suggested questions :
Can you tell me about your father ?
How old is he ?
What does he do ?
What does he look like ?
What do you like best about him ?
What are your feelings and opinions about him ?
Which memories do you have about your father that you
remember until now ?
- Call on some volunteers from each group to demonstrate
in front of class .
V / Homework :
1. Let Ss copy all the answers in their notebooks .
2. Do the exercises ( 5,6 ) in the workbook .
3. Prepare the next lesson .