Unit 6: After school.
Lesson 3: A3 - 4.
- Further practice on reading comprehension.
- Further practice on listening to get specific information.
- After the lesson Ss will be able to know different activities
- Textbook, cassette and tape.
III. Teaching procedure:
2. Oral test:
- Homework correction.
3. New lesson:
A. Warm- up: Question and answer :
+ What activities do you often do after school ?
+ What is your favourite past time ?
A3:Read then answer :
* Pre - reading:
- Ask Ss to guess the activities in the pictures.
- T explains some new words:
Rehearse ( v )
school anniversary celebration ( n )
orchestra ( n )
stamp collector’s club (n )
comics ( n ).
* While - reading:
- Ss read the text silently.
. - Ss read the text again to find the information for the given
- Ss compare their answers with their partners.
- Call some Ss to read their answers aloud.
- T corrects and gives the right ones.:
a) Her theater group is rehearsing a play for the school
b) He gets American stamps from Liz, his American friend.
c) The stamp collector’s club meets on Wednesday
d) Nam never plays games.
* Post - reading:
- Ss answer the questions:
What does Nga like doing after school hours ?
What do Ba and his friends often do on Wednesday
A4:Listen. Match each name to an activitty
- T asks Ss to look at the poster hanging on the BB and guess :
- T writes Ss’ prediction on the poster .