NG THPT CHUYÊN VÌ
THANH THI HÒ
II NĂM HÒ
Name : ………………………… MÔN TIỀ
NG ANH L ̀
P 11 CTC
Class : 11 Th ̀
i gian : 60 phù
t ( không kề
i gian phà
MULTIPLE CHOICE : 7ms
I/. Phonetics :
Find out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others:
1. A. shopped
2 . A. things
Find out the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others:
3. A. service
4. A. athlete
II/. Choose the best answer to complete the sentence , then make a cross :
5. The little girl ………… I borrowed this pen lives next to my door.
A. from that
D. from whom
6. When we entered , they ………… a football match on TV.
A. are watching B. were watching C. has watched
D. had played
7. She didn’t say ………… about her job when I spoke to her.
8. They thanked me for ……….. them to dinner.
A. to invite
B. to invite
9. Could everybody………… bag has got lost please stay here?
10. My father wanted me …………. an actor.
A. to become
11. Neither you nor I………….. here yesterday.
12. She bought the book …………. she had heard it was good.
13. It is the room ………….we usually hold our meetings
14. Nuclear power is cleaner than coal.
15. You did not read anything about the space,…….?
A. didn’t you
B. did you
C. were you
D. weren’t you
16. My grandfather was a very clever man . He ……………..speak five languages.
B. is able to
D. were able to
17. Do you know when the 2006 Asian games took place?
18. What are you interested….doing in your free time?
19. The Great Pyramid of Giza ranked as ………..tallest structure on earth.
D. no article
20. We all regard pollution as a…….matter to human beings.
21. If you had told me , I ………………..you my car.
A. will lend
B. would lend
C. have lent
D. would have lent
22. They worked as astronauts,……………?
A. don’t they
B. weren’t they
C. did they
D. didn’t they
23. My brother never indulges ……………smoking.
24. I will make every …………to arrive on time.
25. It ………..the children that painted the walls.
III/. Circle the underlined part among A, B, C or D that needs correcting.
26. It was in New Delhi which the first Asian Games took place.
B C D
27. Not only my father but also my mother are going to the meeting.
B C D
28. We met a deaf student whom is very intelligent
A B C D
29. You can sea the sea in the distance, don’t you
A B C D
30. He is said being 108 years old.
A B C D
IV/. Read the passage and choose the best answer:
When I was in Scotland last year, I visited a special hydroelectric power station. It
is inside a mountain. It rains a lot in the mountains of Scotland and there are huge lakes
high up. The water falls down through large pipes to a generator in the power station. The
energy of the moving water turns the generator and this produces electricity. A big
transformer then increases the number of volts over 400.000.The electricity goes through
cables to different parts of Scotland, England and Wales.
The inside of the power station was very clean because it doesn’t burn coal or gas. It
was also very quiet. I was very surprised. It was just like being in a hospital, really.
I think hydroelectric power stations are much safer than nuclear power stations.
They are also better for the earth than coal or gas power stations. Some countries like
Sweden and Netherlands have said they aren’t going to build any more nuclear power
stations. They are going to try to make clean electricity using water or wind. I think we
should do the same and spend more money in building hydroelectric power stations
1. What can be the best title for the passage?
A. Future of Electricity
B. Electricity from water
C. Dangers of Nuclear Power
D. Electricity in Scotland
2. We can learn that the word “hydroelectricity”
means “using ____________”
A. the energy of the water to clean the air
B. pipes to carry water
C. water power to produce electricity
D. wind power to produce electricity
3. Why does the writer say the hydroelectric power station is like a hospital?
A. It looks like a hospital
B. It is very clean and quiet.
C. It has beautiful scenery.
D. it uses a generator.
4. What is the passage mainly about?
A. The advantages of hydroelectric power stations
B. The future of electric power
C. The number of electric power stations
D. The countries that have nuclear power stations
5. What does “they” in the last paragraph refer to?
A. Gas power stations
B. Coal power stations
C. Nuclear power stations
D. Hydroelectric power stations
B. WRITING : 3ms
V/.Choose the right word to fill in the blanks : 1m
house collection has since the an with and
Linda lives alone in London, with her wonderful ………collection….. She has been
collecting all the Royal mementos ……since ….. 1960 when she saw the wedding of
Princess Margaret on TV. The first thing she bought were a disk ……with….. the Queen’s
head in ……the.. centre, and a few Coronation mugs to go with it. And now she has a
huge range of things : pictures, paintings, ashtrays, hundreds of mugs, tea-pots, tea-clothes,
biscuit tins, posters, books flags, toast rack, egg cups, candle sticks and so on. In fact, she
……has…..over four thousands Royal souvenirs.
VI. Rewrite these sentences as directed : 2ms
1. Mai plays the guitar well. ( Tag question )
-> Mai plays the guitar well, doesn’t she ?
2. She can’t play badminton. David can’t play badminton.( neither …nor)
-> Neither she nor David can play badminton .
3. The pedestrian asked the policeman a lot of questions ( cleft sentence – focus subject )
-> It was the pedestrian that/ who asked the policeman a lot of questions .
4. He described his hometown in his novel. ( cleft sentence in the passive )
-> It was his hometown that / which was described in his novel.
5. People suppose that the film is very good . ( change into passive voice )
-> That film is supposed to be very good.