Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng anh lớp 12,Part A: You will hear short conversations between two people. After each conversation, you will hear a question about it. After you hear the question, read the four possible…
Đ THI CH N H C SINH GI I TI NG ANH L P 12Ề Ọ Ọ Ỏ Ế Ớ
PART I : LISTENING COMPREHENSION: (3 ms )
Part A: You will hear short conversations between two people. After each conversation,
you will hear a question about it. After you hear the question, read the four possible
answers and choose the best one:
A. She didn’t understand the man.
B. She gave the dollar to someone else.
C. She’s unable to help the man.
D. She’s afraid to spend all her money.
A. Kathy probably knows Jean’s number.
B. Kathy has recently telephoned.
C. Kathy and Jean have the same phone number.
D. Kathy was trying to call Jean.
A. The weather was miserable all day.
B. She got a sunburn.
C. The hiking trip was Sunday afternoon.
D. The weather improved in the afternoon.
A. The man hasn’t gone out for two weeks.
B. The vitamin C that the man took wasn’t effective.
C. The man didn’t try to get rid of his cold.
D. The man should try vitamin C as a treatment.
Part B: You will hear a long conversation between two people. After each conversation,
you will hear four questions about it. After you hear the questions, read the four possible
answers and choose the best one:
1. Why are these students upset?
A. They may not able to take their vacation.
B. It may snow during their vacation.
C. They are going to need more money
D. They may miss graduate.
2. What can be inferred about their vacation?
A. They are going skiing.
B. Their plans include other friends.
C. They will drive together
D. Their reservations have been canceled.
3. Why can’t the semester be extended?
A. Because of the possibility of bad weather.
B. Because of the faculty’s contracts.
C. Because of the summer schedule of classes.
D. Because of the date for graduation.
4. Why can’t Steve miss classes?
A. He might lose his financial aid.
B. He doesn’t want to attend summer classes
C. He had already missed too many.
D. He’s afraid he might not graduate.
Part C: Listen to the talk about the Internet and then complete the following statements:
1. More than ……………….. people use Internet.
2. They can use the Internet for transferring data, ………………..., socializing with
other computer users, and sending e – mails.
3. Whenever you are using one of the on – line services such as e – mail or the
………………., you are in cyberspace.
4. Computer users can ………………… through a network.
5. A network uses phone lines, …………………., and fiberoptic lines.
PART II: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (7 ms)
Part A: Choose the best answer from the four options marked A, B, C, or D to complete
each sentence below. Identify your answer by writing the corresponding letter A, B, C, or
D on your answer sheet (4 ms)
1. ………the cave was found, millions of visitors from many countries have come to
look at its beauty.
A. When B. Since
C. While D. Unless
2. This is the stone bed………the king had lain before he died in the 14
A. however B. of which
C. wherever D. where
3. It’s so long since I last saw him that I almost failed to………….him.
A. recognize B. receive
C. approve D. accept
4. The coal and steel industries are among the productions………..by the government.
A. control B. to control
C. controlling D. controlled
5. His play made a tremendous………….on audience.
A. result B. affect
C. impact D. collision
6. Unmarried middle-aged ladies usually dislike being called ……….although it is
technically the correct word to use.
A. old maids B. spinsters
C. maidens D. bachelors
7. She’s so………in doing her research that she never has time to relax.
A. involved B. included
C. complicated D. approved
8. I apologize. I shouldn’t……………. my temper.
A. have made B. have lost
C. have showed D. have given
9. When you are in a western country, your host may open a wrapped gift in front of you.
Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is ................ polite.
A. acquired B. considered C. known D. called
10. Even if the host doesn’t like a present, he or she will tell a “white lie” and say ……..
they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad.
A. how often B. what C. for what D. how much
11. ……………. the low rainfall this year, the crops did not produce a high yield.
A. Since B. Despite C. Due to D. Because
12. The color of your shirt does not ……….. that of your trousers.
A. suit B. fit C. harmonize D. match
13. Many people love routine jobs which promise ………
A. security B. sanguineness C. vacancy D. registration
14. An employer may look with…………. on a young college graduate.
A. suspect B. suspicion C. suspicious D. suspiciously
15. Expressing one’s …………….. is one skill that the school can really teach.
A. thinking B. thoughts C. thoughtfulness D. thoughtlessness
16. As a model, you have to ………. the art of walking in high heels.
A. master B. grasp C. study D. gain
17. An accident in the power station may result in large ………. of radiation being
A. numbers B. number C. amount D. amounts
18. They are bring in ………….changes to the way the office is run.
A. large B. radical C. deep D. immense
19. Some people feel that television should give less ……… to sport.
A. programmes B. coverage C. concern D. involvement
20. If you can’t find what you want in this chapter, look it up in the …………..
A. reference B. index C. catalogue D. directory
21. People believe there is a ……….. between the two crimes.
A. joint B. chain C. link D. connector
22. I can’t tell Peter and Paul apart; they are ………… twin.
A. similar B. alike C. resemblance D. identical
23. You are not allowed to drive ………… the influence ………… alcohol.
A. under/of B. in/of C. under/by D. by/in
24. She was overwhelmed with honor ………. recognition ……….. her bravery.
A. with/of B. on/in C. by/about D. in/of
25. ………. exception ………….. the little baby, everybody in my family has to jog every
A. With/to B. With/of C. In/of D. By/on
26. The staff can’t take leaves at the same time. They have to take holidays …… rotation.
A. on B. under C. by D. in
27. The interviewees are supposed to give their answers to the job offers …………..
A. on the spot B. all in all C. beyond the joke D. with in reach
28. The children often make ………. of Charles, which annoys his parents very much.
A. allowance B. fun C. way D. consideration
29. She’s a dancer, so I’ll buy a pair of …… shoes for her birthday.
A. dances B. dancer's C. dance D. dancing
30. If you …… to Paris tomorrow, please telephone me first.
A. were going B. are going C. will go D. had been going
31. I don't mind how you deal with the problem. It's …… you.
A down on B in at C up to D over by
32. Have you seen the place ……the graduation ceremony will be held in?
A. in that B. where C. is where that D. which
33. My uncle was …... ill last summer but fortunately, he is now making a slow but steady
A. critically B. deeply C. fatally D. seriously
34. In the past, most people believed that the world’s resources could never be used…..
Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng anh lớp 12
Part A: You will hear short conversations between two people. After each conversation, you will hear a question about it. After you hear the question, read the four possible answers and choose the best one:
Gửi nhận xét của bạn về tài liệu này
Mỗi ngày một cuốn sách
Tài liệu liên quan
- Từ vựng tiếng anh lớp 12 có phiên âm quốc tế
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 3: A PARTY-SPEAKING
- Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 11
- Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 6 trọn bộ
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 1: FRIENDSHIP-SPEAKING
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 1: HOME LIFE - READING
- Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: UNIT 11: NATIONAL PARKS Period 65
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 1 My friends Lesson 6 : Language focus
- Đề thi tiếng anh học kì 2 lớp 11
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 6 The young pioneers club Lesson 6 : language focus
Tài liệu xem nhiều
- Chuyển đổi từ hiện tại hoàn thành sang quá khứ đơn (và ngược lại)
- Bài tập về Đại từ quan hệ
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES-WRITING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 8: CELEBRATION-WRITING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES-READING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 10: NATURE IN DANGER-SPEAKING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 13 :HOBBIES-LISTENING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 8: CELEBRATION-READING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 3 At home Lesson 5 : write
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 13: THE 22nd SEA GAMES - Writing
Tài liệu tải nhiều
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 9 A first aids course Lesson 6 : language focus
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 14: INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION - Language focus
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 6: COMPETITION-LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 6 - WRITING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE-SPEAKING
- Giáo án Anh văn lớp 9 - Unit 6 The environment - Period 42 - Lesson 6 : Language focus
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 3: WAYS OF SOCIALISING - LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Các dạng bài tập cho Unit 1- Tiếng Anh lớp 9
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES-LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 6: COMPETITION-WRITING