Computer-aided engineering (CAE) is the broad usage of computer software to aid in
engineering tasks. It includes computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided analysis
(CAA), computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM),
material requirements planning (MRP), and computer-aided planning (CAP).
Software tools that have been developed to support these activities are considered CAE tools.
CAE tools are being used, for example, to analyze the robustness and performance of
components and assemblies. The term encompasses simulation, validation, and optimization of
products and manufacturing tools. In the future, CAE systems will be major providers of
information to help support design teams in decision making.
In regard to information networks, CAE systems are individually considered a single node on a
total information network and each node may interact with other nodes on the network.
CAE systems can provide support to businesses. This is achieved by the use of reference
architectures and their ability to place information views on the business process. Reference
architecture is the basis from which information model, especially product and manufacturing
The term CAE has also been used by some in the past to describe the use of computer technology
within engineering in a broader sense than just engineering analysis. It was in this context that
the term was coined by Dr. Jason Lemon, founder of SDRC in the late 70's. This definition is
however better known today by the terms CAx and PLM.
 CAE fields and phases
CAE areas covered include:
Thermal and fluid flow analysis Computational fluid dynamics (CFD);
Mechanical event simulation (MES).
of the product or process.
In general, there are three phases in any computer-aided engineering task:
Pre-processing – defining the model and environmental factors to be applied to it.
(typically a finite element model, but facet, voxel and thin sheet methods are also used)
Analysis solver (usually performed on high powered computers)
Post-processing of results (using visualization tools)
This cycle is iterated, often many times, either manually or with the use of commercial
 CAE in the automotive industry
CAE tools are very widely used in the automotive industry. In fact, their use has enabled the
automakers to reduce product development cost and time while improving the safety, comfort,
and durability of the vehicles they produce. The predictive capability of CAE tools has
progressed to the point where much of the design verification is now done using computer
simulations rather than physical prototype testing. CAE dependability is based upon all proper
assumptions as inputs and must identify critical inputs (BJ). Even though there have been many
advances in CAE and it is widely used in the engineering field. Physical testing is still used as a
final confirmation for subsystems due to the fact that CAE cannot predict all variables in
complex assemblies (i.e. metal stretch, thinning).
 See also
Laplante, Phillip A. (2005), Comprehensive dictionary of electrical engineering (2nd
ed.), CRC Press, p. 136, ISBN 9780849330865, http://books.google.com/books?
Matthews, Clifford (2005), Aeronautical engineer's data book (2nd ed.), Butterworth-
Heinemann, p. 229, ISBN 9780750651257, http://books.google.com/books?
Daintith, John (2004), A dictionary of computing (5 ed.), Oxford University Press,
p. 102, ISBN 9780198608776, http://books.google.com/books?
 Further reading
B. Raphael and I.F.C. Smith (2003). Fundamentals of computer aided engineering. John
Wiley. ISBN 978-0-471-48715-9.
Computer-aided engineering (CAE) is the broad usage of computer software to aid in engineering tasks. It includes computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided analysis (CAA), computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM), computer-aided
- Giáo trình hệ điều hành MS DOS
- hướng dẫn sử dụng phần mềm Famis
- Cách khắc phục lỗi Svchost.exe Application Error trong Windows XP
- tìm hiểu hệ điều hành Android
- Hướng dẫn sử dụng chương trình Foxit Phantom PDF Business
- Giáo trình môn công nghệ phần mềm
- Giáo trình tin học : Batch File (.bat .cmd) - Khái niệm, cấu trúc và các ứng dụng trong thực tế
- Đề cương Nguyên lý hệ điều hành
- Giáo trình nguyên lý hệ diều hành C3 . Lập lịch cho CPU
- Giáo trình tin học : Mẹo vặt sử dụng USB
- Cài đặt Internet cho Windows XP
- Lý thuyết hệ điều hành C2 : Quản lý tiến trình
- Đề thi trắc nghiệm môn Linux
- Lý thuyết hệ điều hành C3 : Quản lý bộ nhớ
- tạo ứng dụng webchat phần 3
- C1 : TỔNG QUAN VỀ HỆ ĐIỀU HÀNH
- GIÁO ÁN MÔN TIN HỌC LỚP 6 - BÀI THỰC HÀNH 9
- Hướng dẫn sử dụng NetOp School
- Hướng dẫn cài đặt redhat linux 5
- GIÁO ÁN MÔN TIN HỌC LỚP 6 - KIỂM TRA 1 TIẾT
- GIÁO ÁN MÔN TIN HỌC LỚP 6 - BÀI 9
- Giáo trình hệ điều hành Linux và Unix
- EMCO WinNC GE Series Fanuc 21 TB
- Hướng dẫn cài ns2.34 lên ubuntu 10.04 sử dụng vmware workstation 7.1
- Hướng dẫn cài đặt Orcad 16.2 full
- TÀI LIỆU HƯỚNG SOẠN THẢO VĂN BẢN
- tiện ích ghost
- Đồ án nguyên lý hệ điều hành Đề tài : Tìm hiểu về hệ điều hành Android
- Giáo trình trí tuệ nhân tạo- Đinh Mạnh Tường
- Giáo trình tin học : Hướng dẫn làm Ghost đa cấu hình tự nhận Drive