Bộ đề thi HSG tiếng anh 12,Đ H C SINH GI I VÒNG T NH 2008-2009 Ề Ọ Ỏ Ỉ SECTION 1: LISTENING I. Listen to the dialogue between Joyce and a woman and then fill in the each blank…
Đ H C SINH GI I VÒNG T NH 2008-2009Ề Ọ Ỏ Ỉ
SECTION 1: LISTENING
I. Listen to the dialogue between Joyce and a woman and then fill in the each blank with ONE
word. You will hear the recording two times.
W: So tell me about your (1) _______________, Joyce.
J: Well, it’s really small town.
W: What is it like there?
J: Oh, I think it’s very (2) _______________ place.
W: Really? Why?
J: Well, there is nothing to do. No good (3) _______________. No nightlife of any kind.
W: Uh, that’s too bad. But small towns are pretty (4) _______________ to live in.
J: Well, yeah, it is (5) _______________ cheap. And lots of people love it because it’s very (6)
J: Uh-huh. It has great (7) _______________- lots of mountains and rivers, lakes, trees…
W: Well, I don’t know, Joyce. It (8) _______________ like a lovely place!
J: Well, yeah, if you like to go hiking in the summer and (9) _______________ in the winter. But,
you know, I’m not the (10) _______________ type! I’m a real city person.
II. Listen to the letter. Circle the words you hear. You will hear the recording two times.
SECTION 2: GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:
I. Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D to complete each sentence: (10Ms)
1. The technological and economic changes of the 19
century had a marked …………….. on
A. cause B. effect C. impact D. consequence
2. The government …………………….. the flood victims with food, clothes and money.
A. gave B. provided C. offered D. presented
3. More and more people …………………….. of food poisoning nowadays
A. exist B. survive C. die D. starve
4. The first sign of vitamin A disorder is night ……………………..
A. loss of sight B. lack of vision C. invisibility D. blindness
5. When you take ice out of the freezer, it ……………………..
A. melts B. dissolves C. softens D. disappears
6. There are many …………………….. of pollution in our modern world
A. resources B. sources C. bases D. foundation
7. Many people …………………….. that natural resources will never be use up
A. view B. regard C. consider D. believe
8. Using the computer competently is an important ……………….. to help one get a good job.
A. reason B. aspect C. factor D. issue
9. George wants £1000 for his car, but I don’t think it’s …………….. as much as that.
A. worth B. cost C. valued D. priced
10. “Did Jenny say anything about her sister?”-No, she didn’t …………….. her at all.
A. remind B. remark C. refer D. mention
II. Choose the underlined part ( A, B, C, or D ) that is incorrect: (15Ms)
1. Families who are enough fortunate to own a historic home may be able to get restoration
A B C D
funds from the government.
2. The first things a new international student must do include renting an apartment,
registering for classes, and to get to know the city.
3. When parents allow his children to spend many hours watching television, the children
are not likely to be physically fit.
4. Christianity has become a worldwide religion since it has begun almost two thousand
A B C D
5. As the population of Africa continues to grow, animals will continue to lose theirs natural
A B C D
6. Actually, by the time Columbus arrived to America in 1492, other Europeans had already
A B C D
reached the New World.
7. The most Americans were killed in World War II than in any other war since the birth of
A B C D
8. Antarctica, which is largely covered by ice, receive hardly any rainfall.
A B C D
9. Jessica is only an amateur, but she sings sweeter than most professionals.
A B C D
10. Mrs. Adams was surprising that her son and his friend had gone to the mountains to ski.
A B C D
11. A cure for the common cold, causing by a virus, has not been found.
A B C D
12. Amelia Earhart, that was one of the pioneers in aviation, attempted to fly the world in
A B C
1937, but she and her plane mysteriously disappeared over the Pacific Ocean.
13. His last test results showed he was the quickest typist, yet he was the less accurate of all the
A B C D
14. That secretary of mine is so efficient that she always amazes myself with her speed.
A B C D
15. A problem it has caused setbacks and we have been forced to change the final date of
A B C
completion if we want to avoid being penalized.
III. Supply the suitable form of the words in brackets: (10Ms)
Different (1) _________ (conserve) efforts have been made in order to (2) _________ (danger)
species. The Red List – (3) _________ (globe) list of endangered and vulnerable animal species –
has been introduced to raise people’s awareness of conservation needs. Governments have enacted
laws to protect wildlife from commercial trade and (4) _________(hunt). Another _________
(conserve) effort is the development of wildlife habitat (5) _________ (reserve) as they are
suitable for the (6) _________ (survive) of a wide range of species.
The current globe extinction crisis is one of the (7) __________ (great) challenges to mankind.
To preserve the earth’s (8) __________ (value) biodiversity for future generations, the protection
of __________ (danger) species and their habitats should be a top (9) _______ (prior) for
international organizations, (10) __________ (govern) agencies, industry and individuals.
IV. Put the verb in parentheses in correct tenses: (10Ms)
John has always traveled a lot. In fact, he was only two years old when he first flew to the
US. His mother is Italian and his father is American. John was born in France, but his parents 1
(meet)............................ in Cologne, Germany after they 2 (live)…………...... there for five years.
They had met one day while John’s father was reading a book in the library and his mother 3 (sit)
……………...... beside him. John 4 (travel)............................ a lot because his parents also travel
a lot. As a matter of fact, John is visiting his parents in France at the moment. He lives in New
York now, but 5 (visit)…….………....... his parents for the last few weeks. He really enjoys
living in New York, but he also loves coming to visit his parents at least once a year. This year he
6 (fly)......................... over 5,000 miles for his job. He has been working for Jackson & Co. for
almost two years now. He 7 (be)………..…..….... pretty sure that he 8 (work).......................... for
them next year as well. His job requires a lot of travel. In fact, by the end of this year, he 9
(travel)…..……….……..... over 120,000 miles! His next journey will be to Australia. He really
doesn’t like going to Australia because it is so far. This time he 10 (fly)............................. from
Paris after a meeting with the company’s French partner. He will have been sitting for over 18
hours by the time he arrives!
V. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best completes each sentence: (25Ms)
1. Do you know _________?
A. who how many people go on Sundays to church
B. who go to church on Sundays how many people
C. how many people who go on Sundays to church
D. how many people who go to church on Sundays
2. We watch the cat ________ the tree.
A. climbed B. climb C. had climbed D. was climbing
3. If we had known your new address, we ________ to see you.
A. came B. will come C. would come D. would have come
4. You may borrow as many books as you like, provided you show them to ________ is at the
A. whoever B. who C. whom D. which
5. He looked forward to ________ his first pay packet.
A. receive B. have received C. be receiving D. receiving
6. Carol refused; ________, her answer was “no”.
A. in other words B. otherwise C. words for wordsD. however
7. If you see Tom _________ you mind _________ him to get in touch with me?
A. will / reminding B. will / to remind C. would / reminding D. would / to remind
8. _________ I hear that song, I think of you.
A. Whatever B. Forever C. Whenever D. However
9. “Let’s go dancing, _________?” – “Yes, let’s.”
A. will we B. don’t we C. do we D. shall we
10. I wish I _________ all about this matter a week ago.
Nhận xét tài liệu