UNIT 1: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF……
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
II. Choose a word in each line that has different street pattern.
III. Choose the best answer for each of the following sentences.
1. I was late for school this morning because my alarm clock didn’t……………
a. go on
b. go off
c. go away
d. go up
2. Another word for fasten is_____.
3. I was born and grew up on the _____of the Red River.
4. Mr. Lam goes to work on foot once a week. It means he___ walks to work.
5. My aunt is _____teacher.
6. “___ do you get to school?” – “By bike”.
c. How often
d. How far
7. When I was a child, I usually ______fishing with my brother.
d. use to go
8. We ____dinner at home on Saturdays.
a. haven’t had b. didn’t had
c. aren’t have
d. don’t have
9. Are you contented ____your present job, Mrs. Tuyet?
10. We seldom see each other anymore.
a. sometimes b. occasionally
11. She purchased a number of shares in the company.
12. We had a nice chat over a cup of tea.
a. formal talk b. informal talk
c. serious talk
d. long talk
13. It was a difficult time, but we never gave up hope.
14. I’ll see him when he ___here tomorrow.
b. will come
c. has come
d. had come
A: What do you usually do on your day off?
B: (15) ________
A: Do you get much exercise?
B: (16) _______
a. I usually drive to work.
b. I will sleep all day.
c. I usually don’t much.
d. Nothing much. I alwaysleep until noon.
a. I usually do
b. Yes, I do
c. How about you?
d. Very often.
IV. Choose one sentences a, b, c, or d which is best written from the words and phrases provided.
1. I/ came/ neighbors/ coffee/ sometimes/ see/ for /cup/ to/ a/ my/ of.
a. I came sometimes to see my neighbors for a cup of coffee.
b. My neighbors sometimes came to see I for a cup of coffee.
c. Sometimes I came to see my neighbors for a cup of coffee.
d. To see my neighbors I sometimes came for a cup of coffee.
2. shall/ forget/ dreadful/ life/ my/ I / never/ day/ in/ that.
a. I shall never forget that dreadful day in my life.
b. I never shall forget that day dreadful in my life.
c. In my life I shall never forget that dreadful day.
d. That dreadful day in my life shall I never forget.
3. got up/ 6 o’clock/ woke up/I / early/ and/ at.
a. I woke up at 6 o’clock early and got up.
b. I got up at 6 o’clock and woke up early.
c. I got up and woke up early at 6 o’clock.
d. I woke up early and got up at 6 o’clock.
4. often/ do/ afternoon/ what/ you/ do/ Saturday/ every/ ?
a. What often do you do every Saturday afternoon?
b. What do you often do every Saturday afternoon?
c. What do you do often every Saturday afternoon?
d. What do you often do every afternoon Saturday?
5. witnessed/ accident/ home/ I / an/ on/ way/ the.
a. Yesterday an accident I witnessed on the way home.
b. Yesterday on an way home I witnessed the accident.
c. Yesterday I witnessed an accident on the way home.
d. Yesterday I on the way home witnessed an accident.
V. Choose one sentence that has nearest meaning to the root one.
1. It takes Mr. Vy 15 minutes to get to the field.
a. Mr. Vy leaves the house at a quarter to live and arrives in the field at 5.30.
b. Mr. Vy spends fifteen minutes getting to the field.
c. Fifteen minutes is long enough for Mr. Vy to get to the field.
d. Mr. Vy wastes 15 minutes on the way to the field.
2. Although they have little money, they are happy.
a. They have little money so they are happy.
b. They don’t have much money and they aren’t happy.
c. They are happy in spite of not having much money.
d. Their happiness is due to the fact that they have little money.
3. I prefer going by cyclo to cycling.
a. I’d rather go by cyclo than by bicycle.
b. I like cycling more than going by cyclo.
c. I don’t care going by cyclo or cycling.
d. I like going by cyclo as much as cycling.
4. Can you tell me when you were born?
a. Please give me your place of birth.
b. Can I have your name and address, please?
c. Can you tell me about your last birthday?
d. I want to know your date of birth.
5. My brother always drives to work.
a. My brother always goes to work in my car.
b. My brother always gets to work by car.
c. My brother always repairs cars at work.
d. My brother’s driver is always off work.
UNIT 2: SCHOOL TALKS
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounce differently from the rest.
II. Choose a word in each line that has different street pattern.
III. There is a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence. Find the mistakes (a, b, c, or d)
1. I enjoy to talk with my classmates about their future plans.
2. My daughter has been absent from school for three days because her illness.
3. Why don’t let him ride his bicycle to school?
4. Tom, you didn’t remember closing the windows when you left the classroom yesterday.
5. Mr. Ha is very worried about his son’s traveling because there’s so many traffic on the way to school.
IV. Choose one correct option for the blank in each sentence.
1. My brother’s new hobby is___ foreign coins.
d. to collect
2. The children agreed ___ the candy equally.
b. to divide
d. to dividing
3. Do you know ____ the red hat is?
4. Bod____ eating a whole bag of chocolate chip cookies before lunch.
5. Is it ____ spending a lot of money on the goods?
6. Mai is interested ____ taking an art course.
7. The internet is an important ___ of communication in modern world.
8. It’s kind of you ____ me with my homework.
b. to help
d. to helping
9. You’d better_____ in this weather or you may have a cold.
a. don’t go out
b. didn’t go out
c. not went out
d. not go out
10. The season ____ he left was that he felt lonely.
11. Approximately half the people interviewed were in manual occupations.
12. Most people start to lose their memory as they get older.
a. ability to remember
b. ability to impress
c. feeling of admiration
d. ability to affect
A: (13) ______in your exam!
B: (14) ______ I hope we both pass.
A: Did you study all last night?
B: (15) ____ I watched TV and went to bed.
13. a. How are you
b. Have a good
c. Good luck
d. What about you
Tài liệu tham khảo dành cho giáo viên, học sinh THPT chuyên môn tiếng anh - Bài tập tiếng anh giúp nâng cao kiến thức và kỹ năng đánh trắc nghiệm.
- Từ vựng tiếng anh lớp 12 có phiên âm quốc tế
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 3: A PARTY-SPEAKING
- Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 11
- Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 6 trọn bộ
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 1: FRIENDSHIP-SPEAKING
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 1: HOME LIFE - READING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 1 My friends Lesson 6 : Language focus
- Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: UNIT 11: NATIONAL PARKS Period 65
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 6 The young pioneers club Lesson 6 : language focus
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 4: VOLUNTEER WORK-SPEAKING
- Chuyển đổi từ hiện tại hoàn thành sang quá khứ đơn (và ngược lại)
- Bài tập về Đại từ quan hệ
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES-WRITING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES-READING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 8: CELEBRATION-WRITING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 10: NATURE IN DANGER-SPEAKING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 13 :HOBBIES-LISTENING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 8: CELEBRATION-READING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 3 At home Lesson 5 : write
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 13: THE 22nd SEA GAMES - Writing
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 9 A first aids course Lesson 6 : language focus
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 6: COMPETITION-LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 14: INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION - Language focus
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 6 - WRITING
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE-SPEAKING
- Giáo án Anh văn lớp 9 - Unit 6 The environment - Period 42 - Lesson 6 : Language focus
- Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 3: WAYS OF SOCIALISING - LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 2: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES-LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Các dạng bài tập cho Unit 1- Tiếng Anh lớp 9
- Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 6: COMPETITION-WRITING